Here’s the latest opportunity for our 100 Women members to participate in a “100 Minutes” volunteer event supporting past grant winner My New Red Shoes!
My New Red Shoes believes that all children should have the opportunity to fully engage in the school experience–regardless of their economic status. It’s Clothing for Confidence Program removes barriers to school attendance by providing disadvantaged school age children with the gift of a pair of new shoes and the opportunity to shop for new school clothing at the start of the school year.
In preparation for My New Red Shoes‘ annual back-to-school gift distribution, 10,000 personalized gift bags will be individually packed with love by community volunteers. Volunteering with My New Red Shoes at one of their “Pack for Pride” sessions is a fun and rewarding way to help our community’s poorest children.
Please join your 100 Women friends on Thursday, July 14th from 2 pm to 5 pm at My New Red Shoes in Redwood City for a Pack for Pride session.
Join the Fun at My New Red Shoes!
Sobrato Center for Non-Profits – Redwood Shores
330 Twin Dolphin Drive, Sutie 135
Redwood City, CA 94065
To sign up, or for more information please contact Jeanne Chan at email@example.com.
Come join in the fun with your fellow 100 Women members…a great way to give back and get to know one of the wonderful non-profits our foundation has supported.
There are 20 volunteer spots to fill!
We encourage our members to bring with them a donation of a new pair of shoes. Here are the guidelines:
- Condition: Shoes must be NEW.
- Style: Shoes must be “school appropriate sneakers” (i.e. rubber soles, with laces or velcro) for children and youth in kindergarten through high school. Please DO NOT donate open-toed, sandals, flip flops, ballet flats, dress shoes or boots.
- Sizes: Girl’s shoes accepted: Girls 8 – Women’s 12; Boy’s shoes accepted: Boys 8 – Men’s 18
- Color: Solid black and/or white shoes work best. We strongly discourage donations of blue or red shoes due to color restrictions at some schools.
- Other: There is no need to provide the price tag or shoebox, but include a donation card (donation cards will be provided at the office)